Monday, June 18, 2012
5 Ways to Honor the Man in your Life
Just turn on the TV for proof. Most of the commercials (and shows, for that matter) make dads look like total idiots. Many of the shows run like this:
Dad makes a mess of something.
Mom fixes the mess.
It's unfortunate, because our men deserve more respect than that. (At least, the men in my family do, and I pray the men in your family do as well.)
I would love it if we could start a revolution of sorts. If nothing else, start a revolution in our own families. A revolution in which the hard-working, deserving men in our lives get honor on a regular basis.
Here are 5 Easy Ways to Honor the Man in your Life:
1. Tell him thank you. If you stay home with the kids and he works outside of the home, make sure he knows how much you appreciate him providing for you. He enables you to stay at home with your children. Thank him for that.
2. Pick up his favorite candy bar or other treat at the grocery store.
3. Call him and see how his day is going every so often. Or, if he isn't able to take calls at work, send him a text message or email. Even if he doesn't get it at work, it will be a pleasant surprise when he prepares to head home at the end of the day.
4. Praise him for the little things. When he takes out the trash (even if it's his regular duty), praise him for it. When he finishes an item on your "honey do" list, thank him. Don't let the little things go unnoticed.
5. Give him a break every so often. He deserves it.
Thank you, Keith, and Happy Father's Day yesterday. I'm proud of you and honored to be your wife.