|Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
This month, I'm going to try and make exercise a priority. To do that, though, I'm going to get a little bit creative. I can't go to the gym (1-we don't have a membership and 2-I don't have available childcare), so I'm going to try and make it happen at home. Here are 8 easy (or at least, doable) ways to exercise with kids at home. Want to join me?
8 Ways to Exercise with Kids at Home:
1. Go on regular walks with your children. My goal is at least 3 times a week. If you have a baby, I highly recommend picking up a baby carrier. My six-month-old loves his and would spend all day in there if my back could take it. I carry him in the carrier and push my preschooler in a stroller. It's difficult on the hills, but hey, more exercise, right? :)
2. Get some exercise videos to do at home. You'll be interrupted every few minutes (believe me, I've tried!) but it's still better than nothing.
3. Play with your children. When they ask you to play tag or swim with them or jump rope, do it. It's amazing how much exercise you can get by chasing around a child all day.
4. Clean your house. Maybe if we tell ourselves we're killing two birds with one stone, we'll be more likely to do it.
5. If you have a wii, use it to exercise.
6. Institute an activity day. Go on a hike. Take a trip to the local swimming pool. Make it fun and include your entire family.
7. Turn on the radio and dance.
8. Start small and don't beat yourself up. If you can only do 10 push-ups, then do 10. If you can only do 15 crunches, then do 15. So what if you're not running five miles a day or getting your thirty minutes of cardio. Any exercise is better than nothing!
Any other exercise tips?